Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

5 years ago, my husband and I sat through one of their sales pitches. We had no idea they were selling timeshares until we got to the presentation. We had just arrived for our vacation, saw a desk in one of the lobbies and asked about shows and tickets thinking they helped guests with activities.

We were a newly married couple, just starting out. We told them repeatedly that we did not have the money to buy what they were selling and we wanted to buy a house in the near future... They were about to let us leave after 2 hours and then they found out my husband was in the military... they said they had a special offer just for that. They offered a timeshare for $3000, with 20,000 points plus an additional 20,000 points every year for his service.

We are from Nebraska, and as a young couple trying to establish a career - we rarely traveled. I specifically asked if we could use it in Nebraska, Iowa, or Kansas because if we do travel, it's within driving distance. The sales guys lied straight to my face and said yes, we have a few where you can book at.

We were also told that this timeshare would be a deeded property to somewhere in Pennsylvania and in order to exchange location, we would have to pay a $250 fee to go to any of their resorts and one week's worth of stay would equal 10,000 points so we were receiving 4 weeks worth of vacation time. We would only need to pay the $650 maintenance fees and the $75 fee to remain a member of RCI (where our points were redeemable).

My husband decided to sign up. I was not interested but they told me that since we were married, I was required to be on the title as well. I had not even changed my last name yet...

A month later, we get our packet and I log on to look over the places we could vacation. NONE of them are in Nebraska, Iowa, or Kansas. I was livid. I called and complained which took multiple calls. No one would answer, I would leave a message and never get a callback, or if I did speak to someone they were EXTREMELY rude. They also threw in a "free" cruise which the phone number on the paperwork was no longer in service so it was useless. Any of the other locations that we would have been interested in visiting, the weeks were 80,000+ points or never available for at least 2 years out.

I did eventually cancel with RCI but we were still responsible for the maintenance fees. My husband and I have since divorced. He is responsible for paying those and has not been. I called the company again to try and remove my name from the title. Upon calling, I was told that the timeshare I own is not a timeshare or a deeded property but instead a membership to use their resorts. On top of that, the contract should have an end date included and mine does not. I spoke to several people - one guy sounded like he was eating lunch and did NOT care about my issue or offer any way to resolve it. He also told me I was bound to the contract for life. I had someone else tell me that I'm not being charged Maintenance fees, but membership fees. I couldn't get anyone to answer my question about when my end date is since it wasn't listed on the contract. Apparently, I needed to speak to one of their specialists. I have left messages twice for one to call me and have requested to speak to one 3 times. No phone call yet.

I have contacted a lawyer since there is obviously STRONG misleading information and I am being scammed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tlc Resorts Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Cancel my contract .

I didn't like: Ruined our honeymoon, Fraud, Entire company, Inefficiency.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 29.

Comments